You know, I really, really want to believe. But more evidence just keeps piling up. I’m an empiricist, I like facts. I tend to look at what a person does, as opposed to what a person says. You know, that old saw about “actions speak louder than words.” And Hopey McChange isn’t delivering on any of his campaign promises.
1. Close GITMO within one year. Status: GITMO is still open.
2. Pull out of Iraq by 2011. Status: drawdown appears on schedule.
3. Campaign promises to gay rights activists? Status: He could halt DADT tomorrow. Languishing in committee.
4. Campaigned on the Public Option. Status: HCR passed, without public option.
5. A Big believer in Net Neutrality. Status: Read it and fucking weep.
Those are just five promises.
More after the jump.
Let’s also go through the list of things that Bush did, but Obama has expanded on:
# A man who is prosecuting whistle blowers that even the Bush administration declined to prosecute.
# A man who believes that the President has the right to assassinate any American outside the country without any trial at his sole say-so.
# A man who believes the President has the right to lock people up without trial
# A man who believes that ”œconfessions” obtained by torture should be admissable in court.
# A man who believes that the accused does not have the right to see the evidence against him, or to face his accusers.
# A man who has killed more people with drones since he took power than Bush did in his entire reign.
# A Nobel Peace Laureate who has stated that he retains the right to bomb Iran if Iran responds to an Israeli attack with conventional means (don’t fight back while our buddy beats you bloody, or it’ll be so much the worse for you.)
# A Nobel Peace Laureate who expanded the war in Afghanistan.
Like I said, I want to believe. But the evidence is far too compelling.
Hopey McChange, indeed.
This post was read 66 times.