Over at my old place, Newshoggers, I have never missed a Blogroll Amnesty Day and I’m not about to now that I’m here at the Agonist.
I’ll let skippy explain:
b.a.d. is the holiday wherein we ask everyone in blogtopia (and yes, we coined that phrase) to link to 5 smaller blogs w/less traffic than theirs (no bad jokes about no blogs having less traffic than yours, please).
this way we all can introduce our readers to new voices in blogtopia (and yes, we coined that phrase)’ as well as giving greater exposure to blogs which may otherwise go unnoticed.
…of course, the impetus for this whole ordeal originated w/our dearly departed friend, the legendary jon swift, aka al weisel, who was quite upset by the original blogroll bloodbath and self-amnesty declaration by those big box blogs who shall not be named.
And so without further ado, some posts from the Agonist blogroll:
– Ian Welsh explains the blindingly obvious about 2013.
– Mondoweiss looks at “Praying while Shi’a: the NYPD’s latest religious profiling scandal”
– Seeing The Forest writes that the FAA bill is supposed to be a bill about airline safety and security, but the fight is over anti-labor provisions.
– Lance Mannion reviews a new book on the many world-changing inventions of movie star Hedy Lamarr. (I had no idea – fascinating!)
– Col. Pat Lang is not happy with PBS’ Newshour for repeating Israeli agitprop on Iran.
And now I’d like to ask the great community at The Agonist to take B.A.D. a step further. Please all post a link in comments to a blog post, or even an entire blog, that you think is deserving of more attention.
This post was read 539 times.