Question For Sawri And Easy
Q: I learned a lot from your posts in the past couple months. Appreciate that. You have been mentioning double sided trading for unpredictable market that could go up or down fast. Want to know how 's your consideration for below scenario: You sold half of your LVS shares at Price A and take profit (which is good), then market hovering around Price A for quite some time and even dipped a bit, but it never dropped low enough to your next re- entry point. Then suddenly it exploded and take off, and seems never come back to price A. (which is half good, half bad, coz you sold half your positions earlier). So what would you do next? To wait for it to drop or to load up at current Price B (which is way high than Price A) for the ride?
A: I have the same question. I sold my position at 6.05 thinking I could buy back in at somewhere in the 5's but this s.o.b just keeps climbing. This morning I thought to myself, "there's no way I can buy back it at 6.80 something" and now I wish I had....What do I do??? Easy, you find another stock. What's the use of grabbing the last 2% of a climb if you can find another stock poised to go? There's thousands out there, and if the trend from the last couple of months has taught us anything, it's that you can just about blindfold yourself & click buy & make money. I say, if you've cashed out because you think it'll level off or pull back soon, DON'T REBUY until you've watched it for bad news or a pullback. If there's bad news & it still climbs, I'd say grab it on a dip, but if it moves like LVS was today (no news, almost 20% including AH), chances are there's some longs buying and shorts are gonna dive out soon. I sold the rest of my LVS at 3 today and expect by Wed to have a position under $6 to watch for. This is a normal trend with this and any progressively stronger stock out there right now. Remember, 3 of the top 5 best days (by %) that the market has ever seen was in the 1930s... bad times have good days, but don't get to thinking that it's a permanent good. Know when to get out, know to listen to that feeling that says "this is getting too good", and if you do make a mistake and sell at 75% its value, then learn your lesson & move on. Good luck. Can't wait to see this go to $100 in a couple of years. Will try to play the peaks to get a good strong position in the mean- time. Go LVS!! Just want to share my experience. A while ago I sold my 2k shares @ $1.70 (brought @ $1.41) for a quick profit. For a few days it stayed above $2, just as I thought I would never see it below $2 again it dip to 1.44 and I brought my 2k shares back @ $1.68. Last week I sold half of 6.7k long shares @ 4.45, it then went up to mid $5 for a few days. I brought them back last Monday @ $4.66, then on Tuesday morning it opened @ $4.21, unfortunately I had no money to buy. I sold all my shares yesterday @ $6.33, I am regretting it now. There might be a chance that I can buy them back below that amount; it might take a few days. I am day trading LVS, so even though I sold all my long shares yesterday, I still made some money today. ? I will continue day trading LVS, if it ever go below $6.30 I will buy my long shares back, if not I will probably hold whatever I can buy in the coming week. LVS has a huge upside, if you are long you will make good money even buying @ $8. There is a very good chance for a big pull back next Tuesday or Wednesday, it has gone up too much too fast.