Associates Degree ?
Q: Does anyone know of a college offering a 2-year associate of arts or science
degree that is fully accredited by an agency recognized by the US Dept of
A:in general studies (essentially your first two years of general requirements to transfer up to a four-year college) or an associates degree in a specialized field (which can serve as an employment-ready stand-alone credential as well as being used as a stepping stone to the bachelor's). But here are a few associate's degrees in general studies to whet your appetite. Try Northampton Community College. They're located in PA and offer many great programs. I live nearby and am currently enrolled in an online program with them. www.northampton.edu Are there examples of traditional universities refusing to accept degrees earned online from accredited schools? I ask because the admissions officials surveyed regarding this question. They asked how acceptable a degree would be earned 100% non-residentially. Of the 337 responses, 93% said they always would, the other 7% said they almost always would. That sounds very supportive of non-resident study, and suggests your caution may not be supported by the evidence. But it would be important to know the exceptions, if there are any. I am the Division Chair for a community college in Kansas that has recently put their Paralegal degree online. We have had great success with our online Criminal Justice degree (which is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association -- the regional accrediting agency for this area), and expect the same for our Paralegal program. Here are a few facts about our degree program. 1. You can earn either (or both) a Certificate or Associate of Applied Science Degree. NOTE: The certificate is a thirty (30) hour program and Associate is a traditional sixty-two (62) hour program. Most students start with the certificate (this helps get them the first job) and then complete the Associates degree as they go. 2. We are FULLY accredited by the State of Kansas, the North Central Association, and most recently have joined the American Association of Paralegals and the Kansas Association of Paralegals. 3. Our tuition is VERY reasonable. Because we are a state sponsored school we have a two-tier tuition system (set by the state legislature). In state students pay $53.50 per credit hour while out of state students pay just over $90 per credit hour. Compare that to many private schools that charge as much as $250 per credit hour. We also compare very favorably with most state schools as well. 4. ALL law classes are taught by lawyers! We do NOT use anyone with less than the Juris Doctor degree, and all of our lawyers currently PRACTICE LAW!! 5. Our classes transfer to most regionally accredited schools across the nation. NOTE: because paralegal is considered a "non-traditional" degree you will find that many universities do not have a bachelor or above level degree in that subject. Those that do, though, will generally accept our classes for credit.
true religion outlet said:
Every word have been thought carefully. [url=http://www.fashionjeanssale.net]true religion outlet[/url] [url=http://www.fashionjeanssale.net]true religion [/url] [url=http://www.fashionjeanssale.net]true religion jeans[/url] [url=http://www.fashionjeanssale.net]true religion sale[/url] [url=http://www.fashionjeanssale.net]true religion store[/url]
Most Popular Articles
- Real Estate
- Mechanical Engineering